MEDICAL SOCIAL WORKER - PRN (LEE COUNTY)
Provides medical social worker services as prescribed by the patient’s physician.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties: (Note: Other Duties May Be Assigned)
- Assists the physician and other members of the health team in understanding significant social and emotional factors regarding health problems.
- Assesses the social and emotional factors in order to estimate the patient’s capacity and potential to cope with problems of daily living.
- Helps the patient to understand, accept and follow medical recommendations and provide services planned to restore the patient to optimum social and health adjustments.
- Assists patients and families with personal and environmental difficulties which predispose towards illness or interfere with obtaining maximum benefits from medical care.
- Identifies resources, such as family and community agencies to assist patient to resume life in the community or to learn to live within his disability.
- Participates in team conferences and PI activities.
- Participates in staff education as requested.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient, Agency and employee matters.
- Participates in the development of Plan of Care.
- Prepares clinical & progress notes.
- Works with family, caregivers and resources to achieve goals.
- Uses appropriate community resources.
- Participates in discharge planning & in-service programs
- Acts as a consultant to other healthcare staff.
- Submits documentation within required timeframes.
- Development and evaluation of the plan of care in partnership with the patient; representative (if any), and caregiver(s).
- Providing services that are ordered by the physicians as indicated in the plan of care .
- Preparing clinical notes.
- Participation in the HHA’s QAPI program.
- Compliance with the Agency’s Code of Conduct.
- Patient, caregiver and family counseling.
- Patient and caregiver education.
- Communication with all physicians involved in the plan of care and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current plan of care.
- One year of social work experience in a health care setting is required.
Education and/or Experience:
- A person who has a master's degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Must possess good communication skills, both written and verbal in English. Ability to communicate in other foreign languages is desirable.
- Math skills required
- Able to work under pressure and handle multi-task functions. Must be able to deal effectively with people. Must be self-motivated and resourceful.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Licensed as a social worker in the State of Florida.
- Physical demands for this position include an ability to assist patients in the home setting and have a physical exam that is free from communicable diseases. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment characteristics here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Well-lit and well-ventilated areas with some exposure to disagreeable conditions
- Able to work in a non-smoking environment