OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST - FULL TIME (LEE COUNTY)
Job Title: Home Health Care Occupational Therapist
Reports To: Director of Rehab
FLSA Status: Exempt
Provides occupational therapy as prescribed by the patient’s physician
Essential Responsibilities and Duties: (Note: Other Duties May Be Assigned)
- Assess and screen patients’ daily living and working skills. Develop a therapeutic retraining program with measurable objectives.
- Administer and interpret diagnostic and prognostic tests of function to patients in their homes to assist the physician in evaluating the patient’s level of function.
- Confer with the patients’ physicians and clinical team members. Participate in development and revision of the Plan of Care Treatment.
- Provide therapeutic treatment and instruction to patients in accordance with physician orders to improve and restore strength, coordination, range of motion and function.
- To instruct the family on the patient’s total occupational therapy program.
- To instruct the patient and family in care and use of occupational therapy devices.
- Supervises the Occupational Therapist Assistant in coordination with the Director of Rehab.
- Participate in all required case conferences, utilization reviews, orientations, in-services and continuing education meetings.
- Development and evaluation of the plan of care in partnership with the patient; representative (if any), and caregiver(s).
- Providing services that are ordered by the physicians as indicated in the plan of care.
- Preparing clinical notes.
- Participation in the HHA’s QAPI program.
- Compliance with the Agency’s Code of Conduct.
- Patient, caregiver and family counseling.
- Patient and caregiver education.
- Communication with all physicians involved in the plan of care and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current plan of care.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Occupational Therapy
Education and/or Experience:
- One year of occupational therapy experience is required.
- Must possess good communication skills, both written and verbal in English. Ability to communicate in other foreign languages is desirable.
- Math skills required
- Able to work under pressure and handle multi-task functions. Must be able to deal effectively with people. Must be self-motivated and resourceful.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Licensed as an occupational therapist in the State of Florida.
- Physical demands for this position include an ability to assist and lift patients and have a physical exam that is free from communicable diseases. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment characteristics here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Well-lit and well-ventilated areas with some exposure to disagreeable conditions
- Able to work in a non-smoking environment