Full Time QA NURSES
Job Title: Quality Assurance Nurse
Reports To: Director of Nursing
FLSA Status: Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Note: Other Duties May Be Assigned)
- Evaluates, orients, and trains qualified clinicians to ensure OASIS and clinical documentation adheres to state and federal regulatory standards.
- Responsible for the analysis and evaluation of clinical records to ensure standards are adhered to.
- Participates in activities relative to provision of professional services to an assigned group of patients.
- Maintains and adheres to agency procedure and patient care policy standards.
- Assists DON with establishing policies and procedures in compliance with state health statutes and administrative rules including, but not limited to: CDC guidelines, OSHA guidelines for employee safety, standard precautions, and infection control procedures.
- Provides clinical proofing of OASIS forms.
- Provides appropriate ICD-9 coding following current coding standards for reimbursement.
- Assists DON with development and implementation of policies for, and keeps records of criteria for admission to service, case assignments and case management.
- Informs appropriate staff about home health statutes, administrative rules, and policies of the agency.
- Assists DON with installation of improved work methods and procedures to ensure achievement of objectives of the agency.
- Participates in continuing education for staff.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities as requested by the DON.
- Assists DON with staff appraisals.
- Reports to the DON regarding changes that might affect the clinical operations of the agency.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
Education and/or Experience:
- One year of medical/surgical nursing care experience is required. Experience as a public health nurse or home health care experience is desirable.
- Must possess good communication skills, both written and verbal in English. Ability to communicate in other foreign languages is desirable.
- Math skills required
- Able to work under pressure and handle multi-task functions. Must be able to deal effectively with people. Must be self-motivated and resourceful.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Licensed as a Nurse in the State of Florida.
- Physical demands for this position include an ability to assist patients with ambulation/transfers and have a physical exam that is free from communicable diseases. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment characteristics here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Well-lit and well-ventilated areas with some exposure to disagreeable conditions
- Able to work in a non-smoking environment